By the Numbers: The Public Costs of Teen Childbearing, Archived Resource
Please note: This resource has been archived. Although still of value, data or information contained within this resource may no longer be the most currently available. This publication explains in detail how the Counting It Up study was done. Although this publication was created for our 2004 cost estimates, the methodology is the same for the current project.
Publication date: October 2006
Author(s): Saul D. Hoffman, Ph.D.
Suggested Citation(s): Hoffman, S. (2006). By the Numbers: The Public Costs of Teen Childbearing. Washington, DC: The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy.
- 1: Front Matter
- 2: Summary: How Much Does Teen Childbearing Cost?
- 3: Context: Teen Births in the United States
- 4: The Cost of a Teen Birth: What the Study Measures and How
- 5: Costs of Teen Childbearing: Consequences for the Children
- 6: Costs of Teen Childbearing: Consequences for Parents
- 7: Conclusion: Public Sector Costs of Teen Births
- 8: Appendices
- 9: References