National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month
Event Date: Monday, May 1, 2017 to Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Time: Events occuring throughtout the month of May
Last year we saw record setting participation in National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month, with more than 600,000 people taking the National Day Quiz, downloading the resources, sharing info via social media, and more. The purpose of National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month is straightforward. Too many teens still think, “It can’t happen to me.” The resources we provide during the month of May (and beyond) help teens understand that they can control their futures and avoid risky behavior. We want teens to understand that they have the power to decide if, when, and under what circumstances to become pregnant and that they need to think seriously about what they would do in a stressful moment of peer pressure.
When teen pregnancy rates go down, opportunities go up. Join us this May to support National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month!
Throughout the month of May, teens will be invited to visit The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy’s teen website—StayTeen.org—to play our brand new game, Level Up: An Epic Swiping Adventure, and to take the National Day Quiz. Both fun, interactive resources challenge young people to think carefully about what they might do "in the moment" through a series of interactive scenarios.
- Level Up: An Epic Swiping Adventure: To take it to the next level in your relationship, you’re going to have to be prepared. Navigate through the different challenges and avoid making risky decisions!
- The National Day Quiz: The best time to figure out how to deal with risky situations is before you’re in the heat of the moment. Practice your skills and test your smarts with the National Day Quiz.
In addition to these engaging digital tools for teens, we have a variety of resources designed for adults—whether you’re a parent, implementing a program, or trying to reach policymakers, there’s so much you can do to get involved this May.
- Get Involved Guide: Find sample language, simple ideas, and so many ways to get involved this month regardless of your budget or bandwidth.
- Sample Language:
- 8 Tips for Talking to Your Teen: These simple tips are meant to guide you through a thoughtful, rational, and (hopefully) slightly less awkward conversation with the teens in your life about that most awkward topic: sex.
- FREE Buttons and Pens to advertise the National Month (you just pay shipping/handling; while supplies last).
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month Press Release
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month: Get Involved Guide
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month: Sample Press Release
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month: Sample Proclamation
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month: Sample Newsletter Article
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month: 8 Tips for Talking to Your Teen (English)
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month: 8 Tips for Talking to Your Teen (Spanish)
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month: Quiz Discussion Guide (English)
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month: Quiz Discussion Guide (Spanish)
- Survey Says: Mission Not Accomplished (May 2017)