New Site, New Look
February 17, 2014
We’re like proud new parents over here. The National Campaign is pleased to announce the launch of our new and improved website, www.TheNationalCampaign.org. The site has a fresh look, user-friendly navigation, and better connects visitors with the data and information they are seeking. Here’s what you will find on the new and improved site:
- National and State Data: Want the most up-to-date data from your state? Want summary or detailed data? Want to get smart on national trends? Want to print out your state data and take it with you? It’s all just a click away.
- Featured Topics: One click access to curated information and resources on topics such as parents, costs and consequences of teen pregnancy, public policy, and the media.
- Super search: Finding what you want is easier than ever. Users can search by keywords, media type (in depth reports, videos, fact sheets, and the like), or by topic (for example, Latino community, child welfare, colleges, costs of teen pregnancy).
- Public Opinion: The National Campaign has commissioned and released public opinion data since our inception in 1996 and it is among our most popular offerings. The latest and greatest (and past survey findings as well) are now all collected in one place. Easy.
- Images and infographics: More pictures; fewer words. Lots of data visualization, photos, and other images help users on their way.
- Pregnant Pause: Our stand alone blog has now been incorporated into www.TheNationalCampaign.org. Our intemperate thoughts about sex, love, relationships, pregnancy, the media, public policy, and our dogs now have a new home. Join the conversation.
- On the go: The site is designed to work perfectly on mobile phones, tablets, and other devices. So take TheNationalCampaign.org with you.
More than 700,000 of you visited the site in 2013. We hope you all will come back this year and—we humbly think you will like what you find—and please do share this new resource with others.
P.S. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook...like proud parents, we're celebrating our new baby with giveaways, prizes, and contests that we'll share through social media. Stay tuned!
P.P.S. And don’t forget to visit our other websites, www.StayTeen.org and www.Bedsider.org.
Bill Albert is the Chief Program Officer of The National Campaign. As Chief Program Officer, Bill is responsible for overall program planning and development, and for tracking program progress. In addition, Bill provides oversight to the Campaign’s media outreach and communication strategies, as well as the writing, editing, design, and production of Campaign’s numerous publications and materials. In addition, he oversees the Campaign’s popular, award-winning websites, the National Day to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, the organization’s work with new media, and the Campaign’s marketing efforts.
Before his work with The National Campaign, Bill spent 12 years working in television news, most recently as the Managing Editor at Fox Television News in Washington, DC. His responsibilities included managing the editorial content of two daily news broadcasts, assigning, editing, and writing stories for air, conducting interviews, and overseeing the work of reporters and electronic news gathering crews.
Bill received his degree in Communications at American University and resides in Kensington, Maryland with his wife, Carol. His perfect 21-year-old son, Harrison The Boy Wonder, is a senior at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD to its friends).